A writer is not so much someone who has something to say as he is someone who has found a process that will bring about new things he would not have thought of if he had not started to say them. —William Stafford
I teach online workshops, six weeks in length, sharing the knowledge and passion I have gained in my journey with writing. The workshops will explore processes and exercises that bring about new work in a casual, small-group setting. We will study a wide variety of contemporary poets and authors, write our own poems, share our work and give each other feedback on a weekly basis. The practice of poetry enhances writing skills across many genres. It broadens our awareness of how we engage with our world and how we feel about ourselves as we move through it. It’s a deeper way of seeing and being.
Here’s the break down:
- All communication is done via online voice messaging and email, so you can engage wherever you live, in the midst of your daily life.
- You do not need to have written a single poem to participate.
- The material is conducive to writers at all levels. The only prerequisite is a desire to intentionally engage your creativity and awaken the artistic potential that is innate to every human being.
- By the end of the course, you will have a compilation of new work and tangible tools and practices that will benefit future writing projects.
- Cost is $200 for the six week course.
- If you are interested in taking a workshop, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking Libby’s poetry workshop was one of the most life-affirming experiences I’ve ever had. I never imagined that learning how to write a good poem would also transform me as a person. Libby’s expertise at communicating her love of poetry, combined with her warm, personal and highly engaging style, makes this workshop perfect for even the most reluctant of writers!
–M. Warner, MA, LPCA
Feather & Field Counseling
This poetry workshop was a rich and fruitful gift. When I began, I offered a disclaimer that I didn’t know a single thing about poetry, but I finished the course feeling like a true poet. The depth of the workshop, the instructor’s expertise, and the weekly assignments and feedback made the path of poetry feel smooth and seamless.
-J. Mitchell, Charlotte, NC