A writer is not so much someone who has something to say as he is someone who has found a process that will bring about new things he would not have thought of if he had not started to say them. —William Stafford
I offer individual writing coaching and online writing workshops (typically six weeks in length) sharing the knowledge and passion I have gained in my journey with writing. The teaching/workshops explore the processes and exercises that bring about new work in a casual, intimate setting. Each course includes the study of a wide variety of contemporary poets and authors, generating new work, and giving feedback on the writing assignments. The practice of poetry enhances writing skills across all genres. It broadens our awareness of how we engage with our world and how we feel about ourselves as we move through it. It’s a deeper way of seeing and being.
Here’s the break down:
- All communication is done via Zoom and email, so you can engage wherever you live, in the midst of your daily life.
- You do not need to have written a single poem to participate.
- The material is conducive to writers at all levels. The only prerequisite is a desire to intentionally engage your creativity and awaken the artistic potential that is innate to every human being.
- By the end of the course, you will have a compilation of new work and tangible tools and practices that will benefit future writing projects.
- If you are interested in taking a workshop, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking Libby’s workshop was one of the most life-affirming experiences I’ve ever had. I never imagined that learning how to write a good poem would also transform me as a person. Libby’s expertise at communicating her love of poetry, combined with her warm, personal and highly engaging style, makes this workshop perfect for even the most reluctant of writers!
–M. Warner, MA, LPCA
Feather & Field Counseling
This writing workshop was a rich and fruitful gift. When I began, I offered a disclaimer that I didn’t know a single thing about poetry, but I finished the course feeling like a true poet. The depth of the workshop, the instructor’s expertise, and the weekly assignments and feedback made the path of poetry feel smooth and seamless.
-J. Mitchell, Charlotte, NC